Here we explore the second of the ACT Digital-Age Pedagogies – Conversation. You will find that all of the pedagogies link together and they work best when they are used together. But here we turn our attention to the next ACT pedagogy – Conversation.
We live in a world that has been fundamentally changed by social media. No longer is content central to learning. Of course, content is always vital, but conversation around content has now become more important. The soul of social media is conversation, and as such, this is a powerful pedagogy in our digital age.
“Conversation should touch everything, but should concentrate itself on nothing.’ – Oscar Wilde
- Conversation Pedagogy – Activated Lesson
- We now move up to the next layer of the ACT model. In this activity, we explore conversation as a pedagogy. By the end of this activity, you will have an understanding of the power of digital-based conversation for teaching and learning.
- Conversation Pedagogy – Activity
- This is your forum – a conversation space. Share ideas and then comment on other peoples ideas. Learning happens in the conversation and sharing your thoughts will enrich others and your own thinking too.
- Conversation Pedagogy – Quiz
- In this quiz, you get a chance to briefly reflect on what has been covered in this module the pedagogy of Conversation.
- Create a Conversation Pedagogy-based Lesson Plan.
- Final assessment for this module.