ACT Digital-Age Pedagogies – Shell (DPx)
ACT Digital-Age Pedagogies
Show educators how to easily and effectively teach with technology
Unlike most “Teaching with Technology” courses, this series of courses is based on a framework of digital-age pedagogies. Using the research-supported ACT pedagogy framework, you are shown how to easily and effectively apply a range of technologies to your teaching. In addition to learning how to apply many freely available tools for teaching, you will also develop lesson plans for each of the ACT pedagogies. This means that at the end of the courses you are ready to practically apply what you have learned.
The ACT Digital-Age Pedagogies certification consists of 7 courses:
- ACT Digital Pedagogies – Introduction (ACT-DP1) – Introduction to learning online and an overview of the ACT approach
- ACT Digital Pedagogies – Curation (ACT-DP2) – How to teach with technology using the Curation approach
- ACT Digital Pedagogies – Conversation (ACT-DP3) – How to teach with technology using the Conversation approach
- ACT Digital Pedagogies – Correction (ACT-DP4) – How to teach with technology using the Correction approach
- ACT Digital Pedagogies – Creation (ACT-DP5) – How to teach with technology using the Creation approach
- ACT Digital Pedagogies – Chaos (ACT-DP6) – How to teach with technology using the Chaos approach
- ACT Digital Pedagogies – Certification (ACT-DP7) – Final assessment and conclusion
You will receive a certificate on successful completion of each course. You can only progress to subsequent courses on successful completion of all previous courses. ACT-DP7 is the final certification assessment that covers content from all of the ACT Digital Pedagogies courses.
ACT Digital Pedagogies – Curation (ACT-DP2)
This second course in the certification aims to explore the first of the ACT pedagogies, the pedagogy of curation. By the end of this course, you will have an understanding of the importance of active teaching using curation as well as tools that can be used to support this pedagogy,.
Tools and Technologies
All ACT courses are based on a pedagogically grounded approach and as such are applicable using any tools and technologies. So the approaches you learn will work whether you are a Microsoft or Google school, a Laptop or Tablet School, a highly resourced or lower resourced school. Below are some of the tools covered in the course include. (Note: This is just an indication as we constantly update the tools and technologies we use).
The course is based on the ACT pedagogies and so involves active learning from curating content to online conversations, to quiz-activated videos, and much more. The course is also gamified to further encourage participation.
The course uses a range of assessment approaches because learning through curation, conversation, correction, creation, and chaos are core pedagogies of the course. As such assessment is based on:
- Stash Points – Careful reading and finding of stash items (curation)
- Quiz Points – Section quizzes that can be attempted multiple times (correction)
- Course Activity – Participating in forums and activities, and creating lesson plans (curation, conversation, creation, chaos)
- Final Assessment – Time-based Summative Quiz (correction, chaos)
Estimated Time Requirement
This course requires approx. 6 hours to complete
Leave a Reply